Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Link to Facebook

"World Tree" in process-rough view:

For any people who are interested in what goes on at my house and studio on a more frequent basis, I have decided to revive my blog. Primarily I would like to  illustrate and talk about my artistic process.
Since I work all over the downstairs, both in my living space and in my "studio" other parts of my life will no doubt creep in. 
I am currently working on a series depicting the "World Tree", a fascinating nearly universal symbol. I first became interested in making this series of pieces after earthquake in Haiti. I have several pieces of Haitian metal art depicting the tree. It is also important to me as it serves its magical function in Celtic 
mythology.

Photo:  crooked layout and designing on the rug

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see your blog back after so much time, Elizabeth. I love to see your work and your work in progress is even more exciting. Thank you for sharing it with us all.

    ReplyDelete